Mrak



The One-eyed Mrak, the tomcat
turns the corner
moves the withered leaves
of the road before smelling them
"Fall's over" - he thought
and sniffed
then sneezed and answered with "hhhh" to other cats

Mrak slipped through a window
and found one forgotten girl's lap
He caressed tender the legs of the chair
and went out
'Outside is a refuge? For how long?'
In none of the long days
the one-eyed cat
couldn't see much sense

the forgotten girl:

'The night under my covers
was so warm inside
for the cat named Mrak
I loved him in a special way
May be because he was the only one
who knew of my existence
He never asked
why did I took
one of his eyes
half of the light
and the left side of the things
Anyway
The one-eyed Mrak - the tomcat
is the best friend
I've ever had
He's walking around my body
while I'm asleep
My covers - his night sky
my knees and elbows
are for him small and surmountable
obstacles
When he claws my face
I'm not mad
I think that he skillfully draws
the wounds
which I myself
will not be able to cause'

-
The One-eyed tomcat awaken
between the forgotten girl's legs
He licked one of his nails
content of himself purred
then slipped out from the opened window
when suddenly he was swept away by the coach
....

It's alright
he never existed
in the left side
of the road


*мрак [mrak] - darkness

No comments: